Spicy Mixed Beans
A warming supper or cool and store in your fridge for an easy lunchtime meal.
Adapted from a Yotam Ottolenghi recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 tbspns rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tsps tomato puree
- Half a tsp each of ground cumin, turmeric and coriander
- 1 tsp each of ground ginger and cardamon
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 500g mixed beans and peas (cut longer veg into 1″ pieces)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion in the oil for 3mins. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the tomato purée, spices and some salt and pepper, and cook for a another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, beans and peas. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
Season to taste and serve warm or cooled